Some of you might remember the Hit TV Series, Dallas. In one episode JR Ewing had a fax machine installed in his bedroom. That was the period when the fax machine hit our offices and everyone was just amazed how it was possible to send pictures via a telephone line.
Nowadays we are exposed to a number of tools which make it easier to manage and market our businesses. So much more can be done today with “telephone lines” and the electronic tools available are countless.
Digital media allows us as business owners to introduce our businesses to our target market in many ways, each of these have their own benefits.
Benefits of a website.
At the core of these is your business website. Setting up a proper website for your business holds a number of benefits:
- You can display a number of products and services on your website. You don’t need to worry about “brick and mortar” floor space.
- Your website will be visible to thousands of potential clients.
- You can get local and international exposure to your products and services.
- Websites are available 24 / 7, 365 days per year.
- Your potential clients browse in the comfort of their own home (or office if they are allowed to).
- A website adds credibility to your business. Today, clients want to know who they are dealing with.
- You can communicate a number of messages to your target audience.
- With some websites you can update the content yourself.
- You can also monitor the performance of your website and make informed decisions.
- Most importantly, it is a very cost effective way of informing your clients about your products or services.
But, as with anything in life you need to do it properly to really experience the benefits. Do your research or get hold of a professional web developer to guide you through the process.
If you can think of any other benefits, feel free to post it below or contact us if you need more information or advice as to how to set up a proper website.
Author, Fritz Els 3 December 2013